Sonix-40 and 50
Non-Contact, Low Cost Ultrasonic Level Transmitter with a 4-20 mA current output.
Sonix-40 and Sonix-50 are identical except for the range.
Sonix-40: has range to 8 feet (2.5 meters).
Sonix-50: has range to 15 feet (4.5 meters).
- 1-5 VDC.
- RS232C direct computer connection.
- Linearized current output, proportional to volume in horizontal tanks.
Continuously monitors liquid level and provides a 4-20 mA current proportional to the level. Does not contact the liquid. The current output can be connected to a programmable controller, remote display, computer, chart recorder, etc.
Non-Contact Sensing, No Maintenance, Switch Calibration, Easy Installation, Temperature Compensation, Automatic adjustment of beam width and gain.
Diesel Fuel, Oils, Lubricants, Water, Slurries, Viscous Fluids, Acids, Caustics, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR TRANSMITTER:
- One piece, small size.
- NEMA-4X outdoor housing.
- Operates on 12-24 VDC power.
- Provides smooth current output without surges.
- Optional 316 stainless steel or Teflon® radiating face.
- Repairable in field.
MAXIMUM RANGE (TANK HEIGHT):
Sonix-40 ….. 8 feet, 2.5 meters
Sonix-50 ….. 15 feet, 4.5 meters
4-20 mA into 500 Ohm, sourcing
- 1-5 VDC
- RS232C, distance up to 2000 feet.
- Linearized output proportional to horizontal tanks volume.
+/-0.3% of span (in air)
+/-0.1% of span
12 to 24 VDC, 0.1 Amp.
Green LED Power-On indication.
2 power wires + one current output wire.
PVC housing, NEMA-4X, IP65 type.
Length: 6.25 inches
Nominal 8-degrees, 8″ blind zone. Automatically adjusts beam width and signal strength to make the beam as narrow as possible.
20° F to 150° F
* If you have several Sonix-40 or 50 with RS232C outputs, we can combine all these individual RS232C’s to provide you with only one RS23C output for easy connection to computer or PLC. Ask about Data Concentrator.
* Remote loop-powered displays for your panel mounting, choice of LED or LCD, 3-1/5 or 4-1/2 digits. Adjustable to your engineering units. Display enclosures available.
18 months from the date of shipment under normal use. The warranty carries no liability, expressed or implied, beyond the obligation to repair or replace the part under warranty.
ASK FOR DETAILED PRODUCT BULLETIN.
The calibration of current output is done by switches, one sets the 4 mA (or LOW) level, the other sets the 20 mA (or HIGH) level. We would be happy to pre-calibrate for you!
The transmitter operates using an ultrasonic echo, reflected from the monitored surface. The signal is directed perpendicularly toward the monitored surface. The time delay of the returned echo enables the internal microprocessor to determine the liquid level.
The transmitter commences a regular operation as soon as the power is applied. Except for the 4 mA and 20 mA switch calibration, there is no set up required. During stationery or slowly changing liquid level, the transmission cycle repeats continuously about seven times per second. The transmitter self-adjusts its damping during turbulence for best results. Also, it continuously adjusts the signal beam width for narrowest possible.
When a rapidly changing level is detected, the transmitter will automatically increase the frequency of transmission and decrease the output damping for a faster response.
Aside from calculating the current output proportional to the monitored level, the internal microprocessor performs the following:
* self-diagnostics and announces each received valid echo using a red LED light.
* signals any possible operating problems, such as loss of echo, level beyond the calibrated range, etc. using internal LED.
* upon an echo loss, the output will switch to a high, approximately 22 mA current.
* temperature compensating calculations.